Fuel economy standards, alternative fuels, asset utilization and tire deployment will be among the key topics of discussion at American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council’s (TMC) 2015 Annual Meeting, set for Feb. 16-19, 2015, at the Music City Center in Nashville, Tenn.
“Important information on the latest in technology, regulatory news, industry best practices and the top trucking show of the year all come together at one venue,” says Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology and logistics and TMC executive director. “TMC’s technical sessions and exhibit can help equip fleet managers with the knowledge they need to be more effective and more competitive in this ever-changing economic environment.”
“TMC promises to be the most important event of the year for trucking professionals interested in fuel, equipment, and maintenance practices to improve efficiency and profitability of their fleets,” says ATA President and CEO Bill Graves.
TMC’s Transportation Technology Exhibition, held in conjunction with the annual meeting, is the first major truck exhibit of the year. Nearly 400 exhibitors will showcase the latest models of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, specialty and alternative-fueled vehicles, components, safety, information technology and services.
ATA says among the highlights of this year’s meeting are:
- More than 100 task forces creating and updating recommended practices for the commercial vehicle industry;
- “Green Trucks, Green Shops, Green Incentives,” a discussion of how to develop and implement an alternate fuel vehicle program;
- “Maximizing Asset Utilization: A Fleet-Service Provider Dialogue,” an examination of outsourced vehicle maintenance;
- TMC study group sessions on topics ranging from low-rolling resistance tires to heavy-duty vehicle fuel economy testing;
- An exhibit hall with nearly 400 exhibitors displaying the latest in industry technology, including an Alternate Fuels Pavilion providing one-stop shopping for the fleet executive who wants to quickly get up to speed on all segments of the alternative fuels market; and
- Featured speaker Donald Broughton, chief market strategist for Avondale Partners, providing a “bottoms-up” differentiated dissection of the U.S. economy and financial markets.
TMC is offering a registration discount of up to $300 for first-time attendees and a reduced rate for multiple attendees from the same business. Call TMC at 703-838-1763 to get the promo code for these special rates. Registering online is the fastest and easiest way to register for TMC’s 2015 Annual Meeting. A meeting schedule, exhibitor prospectus, registration and lodging information are available online at http://tmc.trucking.org.