For the second time this month, AFA has introduced a crop of one-piece steel pistons.
This week’s product announcement features another piston with cover plate design for 2007 or later EGR engines that is included in cylinder kit D23536256. Additionally, AFA says one-piece pistons are available for piston kits, in-frame and complete overhaul kits for the Detroit Diesel Series 60 14-Liter engines.
AFA says benefits of these kits include:
- Special proprietary coating on the piston rings to reduce high heat scuffing and provide excellent break-in protection.
- Manganese Phosphate coating on the piston to improve break-in performance, provide superior corrosion resistance and help reduce pin bore scuffing.
- Induction hardened liners for strength and improved wear resistance.
- AFA’s AFAGRAPH Graphite Cylinder Head Gasket that features steel staked water jacket grommets, stainless steel fire rings and a rigid steel core that provides superior sealing capabilities.
- Advanced alloy rod and main bearings for enhanced durability.