The Heavy Duty Business Forum (HDBF) announced the results of its annual election Monday.
A by-invitation-only, top-executive discussion forum, HDBF has met semi-annually since 1977 and is a primary leadership group within the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA), the commercial vehicle supplier division of MEMA. The HDBF board of governors and all members are nominated and voted upon by the 55 elected members.
HDMA says the HDBF serves as a senior executive discussion group for commercial vehicle supplier leadership, focusing on trends and developments in the market. Meetings are conducted under HDBF bylaws, which are enforced by the board of governors, under the guidance of retained anti-trust and advisory counsel.
Rick Dauch, president and CEO of Accuride Corporation, was elected as the 38th chairman of HDBF for 2018. He succeeds Stephen Mance, president and CEO of Defiance Metal Products. Kent Jones, vice president, Global Business Development and Sales for ZF Friedrichshafen AG, was named 2018 Vice Chairman.
The Heavy Duty Business Forum membership also says it elected the following to its 2018 Board of Governors:
- David Arndt, president and CEO, Pentaflex
- John Fox, corporate vice president of Global Channel Strategies, Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Timothy Guzman, senior sales director – Power Sector, Freudenberg North America
- Merrick Murphy, president, Arconic, Commercial Wheels and Transportation
- Jeff Porter, president and CEO, Velvac, Inc.
- Eddie Wilkinson, president, Bendix Spicer Foundation Brake, LLC