The following employment changes were announced to the trucking industry last week (Nov. 16-22, 2020):
To submit an employment announcement, please contact us here.
- BBB Industries announced changes affecting leadership, governance and new technologies to support continued growth: James T. Garner was appointed executive vice president and chief financial officer; Thomas J. Sheppard was appointed executive vice president and chief information officer, replacing Ken Jatczak who has elected to retire; and Jeffrey Bigler, who co-founded BBB along with his brother and father, has been named to the board of directors.
- Hyliion has named Jose Oxholm as its vice president, general counsel and chief compliance officer.
- WorkStep, a hiring and retention platform, has hired Rachel Bates in the role of chief revenue officer.
- George Bzeta; founder of Fleet Brake in Calgary, Alberta, has died.
- North American Council for Freight Efficiency (NACFE) recently added three new people to its board of directors: Paul Stith, Britta Gross and Anthony Marshall.
- Proterra announced Gareth Joyce as president of its Proterra Powered and Energy business units.
- Bobby Williams has earned the Used Truck Association’s lifetime achievement award.
- Permatex has appointed Dan Clarke director of marketing for the Engine Repair Division.
- Phillips Industries has named Tom Peterson senior mechanical design engineer.
- ZF has announced Jon Morrison, president, Americas, Commercial Vehicle Controls Systems Division (CVCS), will retire at the end of the year. Julien Plenchette, who currently serves as the Americas Region OEM Truck, Bus, Car & Fleet Business Leader, will succeed Morrison as vice president, Americas, CVCS Division.
- Neotek Automotive has hired Shawn Shumaker as director of heavy duty sales.
- The Used Truck Association (UTA) honored a number of industry professionals at its recent virtual annual meeting. Jim Zimmerman, used truck manager, Kenworth Pennsylvania, was recognized as the Individual Member of the Year as an OEM. Kirk Gordon, owner, Integrity Truck Sales, was named Individual Member of the Year for non-OEM. Jeremi Guditis, district sales manager, Used Trucks, Peterbilt Red Oval Manager, is this year’s Rookie of the Year. Kelly Coldiron, vice president, sales and marketing, Coldiron Companies, was named this year’s Individual Member of the Year, Vendor.