Dorman Products on Tuesday released an expansive new line of heavy-duty wheel hardware with hundreds of new wheel studs, lug nuts and wheel nut checks.
The 600-plus new products is Dorman’s largest single release of heavy-duty products since it entered the heavy-duty aftermarket in 2012. The company says highlights include:
- 579 made-in-USA wheel studs.
- 79 lug nuts, including two Securex wheel nut fasteners that offer as much as five times more clamping force than conventional ball-seat fasteners.
- 5 wheel checks engineered to cover 13 lug nut hex sizes.
“Any time a wheel is removed for service, there is a greater risk of damaging or misplacing these critically important safety hardware components,” says Eric Torres, Dorman’s wheel hardware product manager. “That’s exactly why Dorman is expanding the heavy-duty aftermarket again.”
Dorman also announced this week it has expanded the capabilities of product search and selection tools. New features include:
- Dual positioning thread checker display that shops can clamp securely onto countertops for part number confirmation.
- Wheel hardware identification guide that allow life-size matching of nuts and studs with full industry interchanges.
- A laminated countertop quick reference guide of the most popular hardware sizes.
- Advanced search on DormanHDSolutions.com that features part drill down by part type, size and thread type.