Summit Truck Group has hired Craig Gassman as an area new truck sales director (ASD).
According to the company, an ASD oversees all new and/or used truck and bus sales for two to four dealership locations in a specific geographical area. Gassman will oversee vehicle sales in the entire state of Arkansas.
Gassman has been in the trucking industry for 20 years and has been a truck salesperson the entire time. Over those 20 years, he spent 10 years with a Volvo dealership. He received recognition several times over his tenure at both Freightliner and Volvo dealerships, including:
- Leland James Sales Achievement Award 4 times, an award named after Freightliner’s founder to acknowledges and rewards sales representatives for excellence in sales performance, customer service, and industry leadership
- One of Volvo’s Top 50 Salespeople in the country all 10 years
- One of Volvo’s Top 10 Salespeople in the country 3 years
- In 2010, recognized as the #1 Salesperson in the country for Volvo
- Top Scout Award Winner for the southeast, an award given to the salesperson who acquired the highest number of new customers
While working for a Volvo dealership, Gassman was fundamental in growing their market share in their area of responsibility (AOR) from 1.2 percent to 20 percent.
Gassman says he has seen a lot and experienced a lot of changes on the trucking equipment side of the industry. He notes, “To me, the customers are the most rewarding part of my career so far, as many of those customers end up becoming good friends.”
“With his background and recognized leadership in the truck sales arena, Craig will bring new energy to his sales team,” says Steve Dupuis, COO for Summit Truck Group. “Craig’s focus on serving our customers is how Summit will continue to be successful in the markets in which we operate.”