Idealease and the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) announced Wednesday it is sponsoring a series of one-day private truck fleet safety and compliance seminars called “Driving Safety Through Business Intelligence in 2019.”
“Driving Safety Through Business Intelligence in 2019” will focus on the new safety technologies available on trucks today, how to comply with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations and National Safety Code (Canada), and the FMCSA Compliance, Safety and Accountability (CSA) program. Idealease and NPTC says virtually all aspects of commercial truck operation are covered including: applicability of federal and state safety regulations, driver qualifications, hours of service (drivers’ daily logs), drug and alcohol testing regulations, and vehicle maintenance and inspections.
Additionally, the seminar provides a step-by-step approach to help attendees maintain a safe fleet by reducing violations and accidents, and controlling liability exposures. These seminars deliver up-to-the-minute information to keep private truck fleet managers thoroughly informed about current and proposed motor carrier regulations that affect their operations and provide important risk control techniques to maintain insurability and control losses. Attendees also learn how to enhance their safety programs above and beyond regulatory requirements, the organizations say.
The organizations say the seminars will be held in 29 cities in the U.S. and Canada from March thru October 2019. They are provided at no charge for novice and experienced private truck fleet professionals who are Idealease customers, potential customers, or NPTC members.
Last year more than 3,000 private truck fleet professionals attended the Idealease/NPTC Safety Seminars.
All seminar attendees receive the Idealease Guide to Transportation Safety and Compliance, a manual that assists fleet managers with safety and compliance documentation, the Idealease Pre- and Post-Trip Inspection DVD for driver education, and a subscription to the Idealease Safety Bulletin, a weekly safety and compliance e-mail publication, the company adds.
The 2019 seminar schedule thus far is as follows:
- 3/27/2019 Idealease of Orlando, Orlando, Fla.
- 3/28/2019 Tampa Idealease, Tampa, Fla.
- 4/2/2019 Summit Lease and Rental, Memphis, Tenn.
- 4/3/2019 Idealease of Atlanta, Atlanta
- 4/3/2019 Five Star Idealease, Mannheim, Pa.
- 4/4/2019 Charlotte Idealease, Charlotte, N.C.
- 4/4/2019 Hill Idealease, Weirton, W.V.
- 4/17/2019 Donahue Idealease, Ventura, Calif.
- 4/18/2019 Peterson Idealease, San Leandro, Calif.
- 4/23/2019 Peterson Idealease, Portland, Ore.
- 4/25/2019 IRL Idealease, Kelowna, British Columbia
- 5/1/2019 Wiers Idealease, Plymouth, Ind.
- 5/1/2019 Idealease of Western Michigan, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- 5/7/2019 K Neal Idealease, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- 5/9/2019 McCandless Idealease, Aurora, Colo.
- 5/21/2019 Idealease of Baltimore, Baltimore, Md.
- 5/23/2019 Badgerland Idealease, Milwaukee, Wis.
- TBD Chicago Idealease, Chicago
- TBD Bluegrass Idealease Lexington, Ky.
- TBD Springfield Idealease Springfield, Ill.
- TBD Idealease of Reno/Sparks Reno, Nev.
- TBD Peterson Idealease San Leandro, Calif.
- TBD Peterson Idealease Eugene, Ore.
- TBD Idealease of Northeast Wisconsin Green Bay, Wis.
- TBD Five Star Idealease Erie, Pa.
- TBD Cumberland Idealease Nashville, Tenn.
- TBD Idealease of Turlock/Stockton Modesto/Turlock, Calif.
- TBD Salt Lake City Idealease Salt Lake City, Utah
- TBD Uhl Idealease Louisville, Ky.