Denso Products and Services Americas has expanded its line of PowerEdge alternators by adding a value option to its 24PE series. The new model, the 24PE 160A, fills the heavy-duty aftermarket’s demand for a high-efficiency alternator at a more competitive price, Denso says..
“Different customers have different needs, and the heavy-duty replacement market was lacking a robust, quality alternator for a lower cost of ownership,” says Otto Jun, product manager of DENSO Heavy Duty Product Management. “We developed the 24PE 160A to fill the gap.”
Denso states the new 24PE series model is a 12-volt alternator that produces 160 amps at road speed and 100 amps at idle to meet and exceed the electrical demands of today’s Class 8 trucks. The 160-amp version leverages DENSO’s world-class engineering and craftmanship with its vast supply chain network to ensure all segments of the heavy-duty market have access to a superior product, the company adds.
Denso says advantages of the 24PE 160A alternator include:
- Unmatched quality, reliability and durability at a lower price point.
- Components and functionality tested under extreme conditions, including severe thermal temperatures, to ensure lasting OE-quality parts and performance.
- Lightweight and compact construction for ease of installation.
- Best-in-class air flow provided by dual internal fans to quickly lower temperatures under the hood under the harshest conditions.
- Available in both pad mount and J180 mount configurations.
- All 24PE 160A alternators are 100 percent new with no core charge and backed by a one-year/unlimited miles warranty.
Denso says with this line enhancement, its 24PE series alternators cover nearly all Class 8 trucks on the road today.