Phillips Industries is making a patented change to improve the performance and extend the life of its PermaPlug 7-way electrical connector.
Phillips says it has added a sealing component to its PermaPlug to create the Weather-Tite PermaPlug. The new plug is said to have all the features of the original PermaPlug, only now with a thick rubberized protective seal. The Weather-Tite seal was first introduced in February at TMC, and Phillips says it has a 3-blade Nitrile wiper seal to lock out the elements and corrosion causing chemicals.
“Damage can be costly from unscheduled downtime, interruption in electrical power and even potential electrical arcing caused by moisture and contaminates in the socket. We felt a real need to improve this connection for safety as well as the longevity of the product. Connectors with the new Weather-Tite seal keep contaminants from damaging the electrical system,” says Bob Phillips, president and CEO of Phillips Industries.
Phillips says other features of the new PermaPlug are:
- Blue nitrile sealing rings that stop magnesium chloride and other debris from entering the socket
- Mates with any SAE approved 7-way conductor socket
- Wiper seals are field replaceable
- Connector rear is sealed with compression clamp and TPR sleeve for further corrosion protection
- Cable guard is ratchet locked preventing vibration from loosening the guard
- Connector has ABS bumper
- 26 gauge brass insert pins have stainless steel compression springs
- Standard with dielectric grease