The following safety recalls were issued Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Alamo Group Inc. recalled 563 2014-2019 Super Products Camel and Mud Dog vehicles for a faulty tie rod that could disconnect from the water tank strap, allowing the water tank strap to detach from the top of the vehicle.
- Chrysler is recalling some 2022-2023 Ram 1500 vehicles with a 3.0L diesel engine because the high pressure fuel pump may fail. NHTSA says 45,711 vehicles are affected, which also includes certain 2021-2023 Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators. Another 37 2022 Ram 1500 vehicles are being recalled because B-pillar impact sensors may be missing, which can result in delayed air bag deployment or air bags not deploying at all. More than 100,000 Ram 1500 vehicles from 2021 equipped with 5.7-liter eTorque engines have faulty powertrain control module software that can cause an incorrect fuel mixture condition in the engine, causing a stall. NHTSA estimates the number of affected models at 131,700.
- General Motors is recalling certain 2019-2023 Chevrolet 4500HD, 5500HD and 6500HD medium-duty trucks for a leaking brake pressure sensor assembly. The assembly may leak brake fluid into the brake pressure switch and cause an electrical short-circuit. NHTSA says 40,428 units are affected.
- Field Van is recalling certain 2019-2022 Sprinter vehicles equipped with a Warn Winch and a wireless handheld remote. Water may enter the handheld remote control for the winch and cause circuit board corrosion, which can allow the winch to operate unintentionally. NHTSA says about 20 units are affected.
- Winnebago is recalling certain 2021-2023 Micro Minnie travel trailers because the spare tire carrier may fail when loaded with a certain off-road-style tire. NHTSA says 10,492 units are affected.
- Prevost Cars is recalling certain 2021-2023 X3-45 Commuter buses. The foldable passenger seat cushion bolts may be loose and could fall out, allowing the seat cushion to detach from the seat frame. NHTSA says 280 units are affected. It is also recalling certain 2021-2023 X3-45 Commuter buses. The foldable passenger seat frames may have been improperly welded and, as such, fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 210, "Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages." NHTSA says 280 units are affected.
- Blue Bird Body Co. is recalling certain 2018-2021 All American and Vision school buses equipped with PowerDrive 7000 electric drive systems. The system control module may activate the anti-rollback feature, causing the vehicle to reverse faster than expected when the vehicle is in reverse and pointing downhill with the brake pedal not applied. NHTSA says 419 units are affected.
- Heartland Recreational Vehicles is recalling certain 2023 Big Country and Big Horn fifth wheels. The federal certification label may have incorrect tire information. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 120, "Wheels and Rims-Other Than Passenger Cars." NHTSA says 100 units are affected.