CDK Global has introduced CDK ServiceView, a video and communications tool powered by TruVideo for dealership service departments using CDK Service and Elead Service.
CDK says the new feature is designed to empower service technicians to record and send videos of vehicle inspections and communicate directly with customers regarding recommended maintenance and repairs on their vehicles.
“CDK ServiceView is a great example of our continued investments in research and technology focused on helping dealers stay ahead of important retail trends,” says Scott Thompson, senior vice president, CDK Global. “Our research shows that building trust is key to retaining customers and growing service business. Through our collaboration with a pioneer and industry leader in service video technology like TruVideo, we will improve the quality and frequency of communications between service departments and their customers and empower dealers to provide frictionless experiences that build trust through transparency.”
The company says features of CDK ServiceView for dealers include:
- High-definition videos created via smartphone that can be sent by text message directly to customers to view at their convenience.
- Two-way texting between the service department and their customers to discuss video evaluations and approve or decline proposed vehicle service.
- Internal chat function for dealership personnel to ensure fast and frequent communications between departments.
- Real-time analytics on tool utilization, customer sentiment and engagement.
- Compliance with increasing manufacturer requirements that dealers include video as part of the consumer experience.