The VIPAR Heavy Duty Family of Companies’ 2023 IMPACT Conference raised the bar: the largest number of attendees, a record-breaking astronaut, biggest trade show and the first time bringing together of the Power Heavy Duty and VIPAR Heavy Duty networks.
“By all measures, our annual IMPACT Conference was a success,” says VIPAR Heavy Duty President and CEO Chris Baer. “The enthusiasm from our distributors and supplier partners was overwhelming. The independent aftermarket channel is thriving. I think everyone in attendance would agree that it’s a great time to be in the heavy-duty truck parts business.”
The positive mood was set early at the meeting, held Oct. 15-20 at the JW Marriott Marco Island in Marco Island, Fla., with a performance update highlighting the company’s substantial growth, both financially and the number of locations throughout North America, which reached a milestone of more than 920 earlier this year. Baer reviewed the continued success of initiatives launched during the past 20 years, such as expansion into Mexico, the acquisition of Power Heavy Duty and the creation of CoMan Centers, the company’s manufacturing division.
Looking to the present and near future, Baer said the company is operating on all cylinders. The Leadership Team is making sure all major initiatives are correctly aligned with the market needs of distributors and will remain focused on buying group essentials and delivering True Group Value.
VIPAR Heavy Duty says highlights from the 2023 IMPACT Conference include:
- A question-and-answer panel with the VIPAR Heavy Duty leadership team, addressing topics such as succession planning, eCommerce, new manufacturing technologies and cybersecurity.
- Keynote speaker Dr. Peggy Whitson sharing stories of her many record-setting achievements during her 20-plus NASA career as “America’s Most Experienced Astronaut.”
- An update on the REPAIR Act by Lisa Foshee, senior vice president of government affairs and general counsel with the Auto Care Association.
- Current and former business owners providing firsthand insights on succession planning during a distributor panel.
- Aftermarket professionals offering career advice to next-generation leaders during CVSN’s GenNext Young Leaders Speed Mentoring and Reception networking event.
- An educational session on the importance of cybersecurity by SensCy CEO Rick Snyder.
- A trade show with 140 exhibitors.
- Approximately 1,500 one-to-one distributor/supplier partner meetings.
The 2024 VIPAR Heavy Duty Family of Companies IMPACT Conference is scheduled for Oct. 20-25, 2024, at the JW Marriott Marco Island in Marco Island, Fla.