* Due to a design modification, in extremely cold conditions, on certain Bendix ATR-6 traction relay valves produced from Dec. 2, 2010, through Jan. 18, 2012, internal leakage can potentially develop, resulting in pressure being delivered to the affected service brake circuit. If pressure is delivered to the service brake circuits, intermittent or continued brake application may occur without warning and possibly without illuminating the brake lights. Either condition may increase the risk of a crash. A temporary fix is available while the manufacturer develops a permanent remedy.
* Certain Meritor rear drive axles and front non-drive steer axles with wheel ends produced from July 25, 2011, through Sept. 9, 2011, sold and installed as original equipment to Hino Motors Manufacturing, may have improperly assembled fastening hardware or nut locking features. This condition could result in wheel separation, which could lead to loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
* A vehicle software issue on certain model year 2012 Freightliner Custom Chassis (FCC) model S2 106 CH incomplete vehicles, manufactured from Feb. 24, 2011, through Aug. 3, 2011, may cause the side marker/directional lights to stop functioning after five to 13 minutes of vehicle operation. Failure of the side marker/directional lights to illuminate will result in decreased visibility of the vehicle and/or misinform other drivers as to the intended direction of travel, either of which could increase the risk of a crash. The bulk-head module software will be updated by DTNA authorized service facilities, free of charge.
* Over time on certain Mack model year 2002-2005 MR and LE heavy trucks, manufactured from Feb. 1, 2002, through Dec. 22, 2004, the vehicle’s load may result in fatigue cracks of the front axle beam. These cracks can propagate and result in complete fracture of the axle beam. If complete fracture occurs, the driver may lose control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Mack Trucks will replace the affected axles on any MR and LE models configured as front-loader or side-loader refuse trucks. Axles on all other MR and LE models will receive a mag-particle inspection and Mack will replace any affected axle beams free of charge.
* The mounting plates on certain model year 2011-2012 Utility VS1DC and VS2DX dry vans manufactured from Dec. 2010 through Aug. 2011, and equipped with an optional liftgate battery box used for mounting single or double battery boxes on trailers may be the incorrect size and some also may have been misoriented during installation. Battery boxes mounted with the incorrect size or improperly oriented mounting plates can become detached from the trailer, increasing the risk of a crash.