Price Digests, the leading vehicle values and specs data provider for more than 100 years, announced the winners of its third annual Highest Retained Value Awards (HRVA) during a press conference during the World of Concrete 2021 trade show in Las Vegas.
The HRVA is the only industry awards program that leverages third-party, unbiased, data-driven residual values of commercial trucks to recognize those that best hold their value. Price Digests is owned by Randall-Reilly, publisher of Trucks, Parts, Service.
The prestigious Price Digests HRVA awards were presented in nine categories honoring Class 3-8 commercial trucks, ranging from light- to heavy-duty models. The winners represent the model series in each truck category projected to retain the highest percentage of their original value during a five-year period.
“We took a look at the most popular commercial trucks on the road and used proprietary algorithms to identify trucks that are expected to retain the most value during the next five years. Our analyst team is excited to share this information through the Price Digests Highest Retained Value Awards,” says Kurt Wilson, Price Digests' manager, Data Analytics.
This is the third year Price Digests has presented the prestigious Highest Retained Value Awards to truck manufacturers. Only two companies have captured top awards all three years: Hino for Medium Duty Trucks with Conventional Cab & Chassis this year after winning Cabover Cab and Chassis in 2019 and 2020, and Ford Motor Company for Medium Duty Truck with Crew Cab & Chassis three years in a row.
Winners were as follows:
- Light-duty trucks cab and chassis: Ford F250
- Light-duty trucks cargo vans: Chevrolet Express Cargo 2500
- Light-duty trucks crew cab and chassis: Ford F350
- Medium-duty trucks crew cab and chassis: Ford F550
- Medium-duty trucks cabover cab and chassis: Isuzu NPR-HD
- Medium-duty trucks conventional cab and chassis: Hino 268A
- Heavy-duty trucks conventional cab and chassis: Freightliner M2 106
- Heavy-duty trucks conventional day cab tractor: Freightliner Cascadia
- Heavy-duty trucks conventional sleeper tractor: Kenworth W900L