“Leveraging Technology for Quality Maintenance” is the theme of American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council’s 2013 Annual Meeting and Transportation Technology Exhibition, set for March 11-14, 2013 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center in Nashville.
According to TMC, the convention has been filled with a wide variety of quality programs that tie into the new theme.
The technology exhibition is expected to include more than 300 exhibitors featuring the latest technology to help fleets improve safety and efficiency. The trade show also will include the latest models of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, specialty and alternative-fueled vehicles, components, safety and information technology and services, TMC says.
A technical session entitled “LNG/CNG – Will it Work for Your Operation?” also will be featured for fleets that are investigating natural gas, as will the future truck session Future Truck – Looking Far Over the Horizon: Fleet Managers’ Assessment of Future Equipment Needs – 2025 and Beyond.”
More than 100 task forces will meet on Monday during the meeting’s first full-day; while C. Randall Mullett, vice president of government relations and public affairs for Con-way, is the featured speaker for the TMC Kickoff Breakfast on Tuesday.
TMC says Wednesday will feature its annual banquet and reception with the installation of the 2013-2014 general chairman and entertainment by country music star Josh Turner.
TMC says mini-technical sessions during the week will include:
• Wide-base Tires for Dummies
• Engine Manufacturers’ Update: A Look at Engine Technologies for 2014-2018
• How to Manage Total Labor/Time Productivity
• Do You Have Up-Tight Wheel Bearings? A New Look at Wheel Bearing Preload
• Food Safety Modernization Act: Traceability of Food Products and How the New Law Changes Refrigerated Trailer Maintenance
• Future Transportation Energy Sources
• Vehicle Safety in the Vocational Truck Environment
• Maintaining Electrical Connectors for Maximum Service Life
“Early Bird” registration for TMC is being held until Feb. 11, 2013 for $525 for TMC or ATA, and $625 for non-members. After Feb. 11, registration is $625 for TMC or ATA members and $725 for non-members. For more information on the event, contact TMC at 703-838-1763 or go to tmc.trucking.org.