Ken Davis, president of the Eaton Vehicle Group will host a Fleet Roundtable on Future Equipment Trends with Dwayne Haug, AVP of Equipment Purchasing for Werner Enterprises and Russ Thompson, vice president of Equipment Utilization/ Shop Operations for Swift Transportation at this year’s HD Dialogue is jointly presented by HDMA next month.
The two fleet executives oversee more than 80,000 power units and more than 100,000 trailers combined, and will be joined by an additional fleet executive.
Davis will explore the issues of the “Merchant Supplier Model (Specing), versus the Integrated Truck” in a roundtable discussion on what these major fleets expect from Tier 1 suppliers and the challenges both fleets and industry suppliers face in the near future.
The dialogue will take place in the Tennessee Room prior to the TMC Exhibit Grand Opening Reception at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville March 11, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
There are a record number of exhibitors at TMC this year, with more than 325 manufacturers and suppliers.
Additional program elements will be:
- The Global Economic Outlook – Distinguished economist Dr. Jeffrey Rosensweig of Emory University will present an overall foundational discussion of world macroeconomics, pertinent to the rest of the conference programs as a benchmark for data that impacts on industry, manufacturing and transportation. Rosensweig will also be covering the current US business environment, referencing housing starts, manufacturing levels and present economic conditions, as well as short and long term prospects for our nation’s economy; session moderated by Paul Steih of Ernst & Young
- Leading OEMs and Manufacturers Outlook – Four leading equipment and component manufacturers will present their individual forward view of the industry and then form a panel discussion with Howard Abramson of Transport Topics, on business conditions in today’ economy.
- Martin Daum, CEO, DTNA
- Dick Giromini, CEO, Wabash National
- Gary Gerstenslager, CEO, Hendrickson International
- Chip McClure, chairman and CEO, Meritor
- Moderator: Howard Abramson, Transport Topics Magazine
- Eric Starks, president, FTR Associates – presenting the 2013-2020 Commercial Vehicle Industry and Freight Forecast Starks will take audience questions in a not-to-be missed session.