The Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA) has opened registration for its second annual Remanufacturing Technology Forum.
Scheduled for July 23, 2015, in conjunction with the NACE/CARS Expo in Detroit, MERA says the event will offer attendees the opportunity to learn more about additive manufacturing technologies currently utilized by leading remanufacturers.
The conference also will feature sessions on four specific technologies: thermal spraying, laser deposition, rapid nylon and 3-D printing, MERA says.
Dr. Sanjay Sampath will deliver the keynote address, MERA says. Sampath is a distinguished professor and director of the Center for Thermal Spray Research (CTSR) at Stony Brook University. CTSR is a unique interdisciplinary industry-university cooperative research center focused on thermal spray materials processing and surface engineering. The National Science Foundation named CTSR a prestigious Materials Research Science and Engineering Center.
MERA says other speakers include:
- Joe Dewhirst, Project Engineer, Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing LLC
- Russ Schinzing, President, Electronics Remanufacting Company LLC
- Todd Wieland, Director of Engineering, Cummins Inc.
- Doug Wolma, Vice President, Global Aftermarket Operations, Dana Holding Corporation
- Bhaskar Dutta, Chief Operating Officer, DM3D Technology, LLC
A copy of the event agenda can be found HERE.