The accolades just keep coming in for Dave Scheer.
After being named to the IHS Automotive Aftermarket Industry Hall of Fame at HDAW, it was announced Monday that the Commercial Vehicle Solutions Network (CVSN) board of directors has chosen Scheer, CEO at Inland Truck Parts, as recipient of its 2016 CVSN President’s Award.
The President’s Award is awarded annually to an individual who has demonstrated dedication, leadership and achievement over the span of their career in the independent heavy-duty aftermarket.
With more than four decades of industry experience, CVSN says Scheer was the perfect recipient for the award.
Scheer began working at Inland Truck Parts Company in 1973 as a warehouse person packing and shipping orders. In the years that followed he held positions as delivery driver, inside salesperson, outside salesperson, branch operations manager, regional manager, corporate vice president, and was appointed president and CEO in 1995.
He is a member of the CVSN Right to Repair coalition team that negotiated the commercial vehicle MOU with the OE truck manufacturers. He was the first ever Truck Parts & Service Distributor of the Year in 2002, and was co-chairman of the inaugural HDAW. Scheer also served for many years on the CVSN board of directors.
CVSN says Scheer joins a very distinguished list of past winners:
- The DiSano Family – Gene, Larry & Gary of Century Wheel & Rim
- The O.G. “Gooch” Phillips Family & son-in-law Larry Smith of Gooch Brake & Equipment Co.
- Ray Zukowski – Euclid Industries
- Harvey Peterson – CATCO Parts & Service
- Richard Schien – Karmak
- John Minor – Midwest Wheel Companies
- Phil Raymond – Parts For Trucks
- J. David Robblee – Six Robblees’
- Ralph “Bo” Willis – CRW Parts, Inc.
- Michael E. McGrath – SKF
- Richard Andrews – STEMCO
- Jim Moss – Kona Communications (Truck Parts & Service)
CVSN says Scheer will be presented his award at the upcoming CVSN Aftermarket Distribution Summit, set for Sept. 10-14, 2016 at the Sutton Place Hotel in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
To learn more about CVSN and becoming a member visit www.cvsn.org, or call 904-737-2900.