The following are safety recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- Hayes Lemmerz International Commercial Highway, Inc. is recalling certain commercial steel wheels, model 10073 with date codes ending in A030912 and B030912. These wheels were sold as aftermarket/replacement equipment or installed as original equipment on various commercial highway vehicles. Due to an inadequate weld between the wheel disc and rim, the disc can separate from the rim. Separation of the rim and tire from the vehicle can result in a loss of control and a vehicle crash.
- North American Bus Industries Inc. is recalling certain model year 2007-2009 Blue Bird L4RE transit buses manufactured July 1, 2007, through Oct. 31, 2009. The buses may have a defective steering gear attachment. Cracks may develop in the bracket that secures the power steering gear to the bus frame or the bus frame may crack around the bolts that attach the steering gear bracket to the frame. If left unchecked, the cracks may propagate and cause partial separation of the steering gear from the bus frame. This would cause a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
- Great Dane Trailers is recalling certain model year 2013 Dry Freight Semi-Trailers. The axle nut retaining clips may not have been properly seated. Disengagement of the axle nut retaining clips could lead to excessive wheel end play and/or wheel separation. Great Dane will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the axle nut retaining clips and correct their installation as necessary, free of charge.
- Navistar is recalling certain model year 2013 IC brand CE buses, and 2012-2013 RE buses; manufactured from Dec. 7, 2010, through June 26, 2012 and equipped with model year 2011 through 2013 I-6 engines and feature codes 12NUK, 12NUL, 12NUM, 12NUN, 12NUP and 12NUS. The injection pressure regulator harness wire may break due to vibrational damage. This could cause an unexpected shut down of the engine. An unexpected engine shut down while driving may increase the risk of a vehicle crash.
- Navistar is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 IC Bus brand model 1300FBC, CE, HC, and RE buses; model year 2011-2013 International brand model Durastar, model year 2013 International brand Workstar trucks; model year 2013 Holiday Rambler brand model Ambassador and Endeavor vehicles; and model year 2013 Monaco brand model Diplomat and Knight vehicles. These vehicles were manufactured Aug. 5, 2010 through Sept. 6, 2012 and are equipped with certain 2011-2013 model year I-6 engines with feature codes 12NUK, 12NUL, 12NUM, 12NUN, 12NUP, 12NUR, 12NUS, 12NUT, 12NUU, 12NUV, 12NUX, 12NUY and 12NUZ. The injection pressure regulator (IPR) harness wire may break due to vibrational damage. This could cause an unexpected shut down of the engine. An unexpected engine shut down while driving may increase the risk of a vehicle crash.
- Daimler Trucks North America is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Thomas Built Buses brand Saf-T-Liner EFX school buses manufactured from March 29, 2012, through Nov. 14, 2012 and equipped with 100 percent Daytime Running Lights option code C3676-24-000. The DRL circuit breaker may trip during continuous operation of the headlights in high beam mode. This would result in a loss of power to the headlights, marker lights, tail lights, and dash lighting. A loss of power to the bus’ lights may reduce the driver’s ability to see other vehicles, pedestrians, or objects, as well as reduce the bus’ visibility to other drivers or pedestrians, increasing the risk of crash.
- PACCAR is recalling certain model year 2013 Kenworth T680 vehicles, manufactured from Nov. 29, 2012, through Dec. 6, 2012; and model year 2013 Peterbilt 579 and 567 vehicles, manufactured from Aug. 28, 2012, through Dec. 31, 2012. These vehicles were equipped with the air suspension dump valve option. New software may cause the rear air suspension to re-inflate without warning when the operator turns the ignition key to the “off” position. An unexpected re-inflation of the suspension could result in personal injury to a person near the rear suspension.