The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has introduced new regional/long haul tire.
Norberto Flores, marketing manager, Goodyear, says the new Fuel Max RSA has been designed to deliver lower operating costs for regional and long haul fleets that operate mainly on-highway with some exposure to urban driving.
“Despite the fact that fuel costs have declined in recent months, fuel efficiency will remain a prominent fleet requirement, which is why we’re extending Goodyear Fuel Max Technology to regional tires,” he says.
The Fuel Max RSA, which is SmartWay-compliant, features:
- Goodyear Fuel Max Technology, which contains cool-running compounds to lower tire rolling resistance and improve fuel efficiency
- A tri-layer compound for exceptional mileage, rolling resistance and curb impact resistance
- A non-evolving tread to help maintain traction through the tire’s lifecycle
- Super-tensile steel belts to add stability and enhance toughness
- Goodyear Unisteel casing construction for optimal retreadability
- A computer-optimized tread design and footprint for more miles to removal
In addition, the Fuel Max RSA contains Goodyear’s IntelliMax Rib Technology, which the company says provides a stiffer tread area for lower rolling resistance, higher mileage and even wear.
“The Fuel Max RSA also offers outstanding snow traction thanks to its innovative tread design and boasts a 20/32-inch tread depth for lower cost-per-mile,” he said.
The Fuel Max RSA is available in size 11R22.5, Load Range G. Additional sizes – including 295/75R22.5 and 11R24.5 in Load Ranges G and H, and 11R22.5 in Load Range H – will be introduced in early 2016.