The Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) honored several of its members Wednesday with a variety of awards for their important service to the council during its Annual Meeting in Nashville.
These awards included:
Fred Trammel, shop manager, Transport America, Atlanta, who was honored with the Excellence in Maintenance Supervision Award;
Gary Yurko, manager for engineering standards, TE Connectivity, Winston-Salem, N.C., and Brian Mandt, engineering manager, Donaldson Co., Bloomington, Minn., who were honored as Recognized Associates; and
Anita Byrne, national sales manager, Mobile InnerSpace, Wapakoneta, Ohio, who was honored with the Study Group Secretary Award.
“TMC represents the best in technical excellence in the trucking industry,” says Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology & logistics and TMC executive director. “These individuals represent the best in their fields. We’re pleased to honor them here and recognize them for their contribution to this council and the industry.”
On Wednesday TMC also announced Kevin Tomlinson, director of maintenance, South Shore Transportation, has been elected its 2015-2016 general chairman and treasurer.
“Kevin has been a longtime and valued member of TMC and has been an important voice on the issues we work so hard on,” says Kirk.
Tomlinson, who served this past year as the Council’s vice chairman and chairman of meetings, replaced Dan Umphress, A&R Logistics, as TMC’s general chairman and treasurer.
“I greatly enjoyed my year as chairman,” Umphress says, “I want to thank my fellow TMC members for the opportunity and congratulate Kevin on his election.”
“It is an honor to be selected by one’s peers for a leadership position,” Tomlinson adds. “I’m greatly looking forward to this next year as TMC chairman.”
Others serving as TMC officers for 2015-2016 include:
- Vice Chairman and Chairman of Meetings Doug White, Dunbar Armored;
- Chairman of Study Groups Glen McDonald, Ozark Motor Lines;
- Chairman of Membership and Publicity Peggy Fisher, TireStamp;
- Chairman of Associates John Adami, NW Heavy Duty Component Sales; as well as
- Immediate Past Chairman Umphress and Executive Director Kirk.
- Allen Caldwell, First Fleet;
- Kenneth Calhoun, Truck Centers of Arkansas;
- Todd Cotier, Hartt Transportation;
- David Foster, Worldwide Equipment;
- Jeff Harris, Swift Transportation;
- Joe Stiache, Peco Foods;
- John Sullivan, Reliable Carriers; and
- Dave Walters, Alcoa Wheel Products.