The following employment changes were announced to the trucking industry the week of Feb. 14, 2022:
- Northwood University named its 2022 class of Outstanding Business Leaders. New honorees included Bill Long, CEO, Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA); Jim Fitterling, Chairman and CEO, Dow; Michael LaFontaine Sr., President, LaFontaine Automotive Group; Ben Manthei, Managing Partner, Redi-Rock International; Lisa McClain, Congresswoman (MI-10); Andra Rush, CEO, Dakkota Systems; Angela Steele, Publicis Groupe.
- Sirco Industries has hired Chris Kittles as director of purchasing.
- John Bzeta, president of Fleet Brake Parts & Service, has died.
- Stertil-Koni has hired Michael Tillbery as service manager.
- Kurt Hollinger has been appointed vice president of national accounts for Volvo Trucks North America.
- Jan Carlson has joined the board at AB Volvo.
- Mike Whipple has been named new chief financial officer at McMahon Truck Centers. Vincent Cuozzo also has been promoted to controller.
- The Lion Electric Company announced William Blanchard will lead LionCapital Solutions, a new division providing customers with financing solutions tailored to the medium- and heavy-duty electric vehicle market.