The following employment announcements were made in the trucking industry the week of Dec. 12, 2022:
- Charles M. Swoboda has been elected to the Ryder System Inc. board of directors, effective Dec. 12.
- James Lu has been added to the TuSimple board of directors as an independent director.
- Jared Ruiz was named regional vice president, west, for Volvo Trucks North America. He will start Jan. 3.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has appointed Christina Zamarro to the role of executive vice president and CFO.
- Michael Todd, service manager for Four Star Freightliner, was recognized as the company's Employee of the Year.
- Delmond "Dick" Kruckeberg, founder of Minimizer, has died. He was 87. Funeral services were held on Dec. 16, in Claremont, Minn.